1. F1 or CTRL + SHIFT + P 2. Type 'tsdp' and select 'Terminal: Select Default Profile' 3. Select the terminal you want to use from the list
There are several ways to change the default shell or terminal in VS Code.
Perhaps one of the easiest is to use the Command Palette:
F1to open the Command Palette. (Or you can use
CTRL + SHIFT +P)
- Type tsdp in the input field and select the Terminal: Select Default Profile option:
- VS Code lists all available options and you cen select the terminal you want.
You can change the default terminal directly from the actual terminal window:
- Open the terminal menu using the small drop down icon in the top right corner of terminal window.
- Choose the Select Default Profile option:
- Select the default shell you want to use.
To change the default shell you can also use the VS Code settings menu.
- Open settings with the
CTRL + ,keyboard shortcut or select it from the File menu:
File -> Preferences -> Settings
- Select 'Terminal' under the 'Features' node.
- Scroll down until you find the entry Integrated > Default Profile
- Select the shell you want to use as the default.
Of course you can set the default terminal using the settings.json file.
- Open the settings.json file. For example by pressing
F1type ous and select Preferences: Open User Settings (JSON)
- Add the following key to the file:
- Set the value to the shell you want to use as default. For example:
- Fix: Prettier stopped working in VS Code
- Split editor window in VS Code
- Change default terminal in VS Code
- Wrap selection with tag in VS Code
- Edit multiple lines at once in VS Code
- Make text uppercase in VS Code
- Associate file type in VS Code
- Change syntax highlighting in VS Code
- Search for file in VS Code
- Open files always in a new tab in VS Code
- Add vertical rulers in VS Code
- Change indentation in VS Code
- Collapse code blocks in VS Code
- Delete line without selection in VS Code
- Jump to closing bracket in VS Code
- Select all occurrences of selected word in VS Code
- Change font size in VS Code
- Toggle minimap in VS Code
- Change colors in VS Code integrated terminal
- Change file encoding in VS Code
- Disable tooltip in VS Code
- Move the sidebar panel to the right in VS Code
- Export VS Code extensions
- Toggle word wrap in VS Code
- Exclude folders from search in VS Code
- Get multiple cursors in VS Code
- Show hidden characters in VS Code
- Remove trailing spaces in VS Code
- Go back to last edited position in VS Code
- Switch between terminal and editor in VS Code
- Open VS Code with the current folder from terminal
- Change terminal font size in VS Code
- Navigate back to last cursor position in VS Code
- Compare two files in VS Code
- Comment out multiple lines in VSCode
- Duplicate line or selection in VS Code
- Format code in VS Code
- Go to line in VS Code
- Move line up or down in VS Code